It takes time and effort
If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all.
That quote from Michelangelo puts the idea in crystal clear format, there is no easy path to success. Only hard work, dedication time and passion for perfection will lead you to success.
Some interesting notes on Michelangelo.
- Michelangelo was short tempered and considered by Pope Leo X as person who is impossible to deal with.
- Michelangelo considered himself as a sculptor rather than a painter. He was pissed when someone addressed him as painter.
- Michelangelo considered bathing to bad for his health, the bad body odour caused a lot of inconvenience for his assistants.
- Michelangelo was a jerk who delighted in mocking the drawing skills of his peers. When he teased Pietro Torrigiano, he received a big blow on his nose that caused fracture and Michelangelo carried that scar throughout his life.
- Michelangelo believed that depiction of the nudes as the highest achievement, especially that of men. Even his female nudes look like men.
- It may be true that Michelangelo never saw a women naked.
- Michelangelo never married and his rare relationship with women were purely platonic.
- Michelangelo advocated abstinence, which he believed prolonged life.