Dell Latitude : Worst Keyboard Layout
Dell Latitude laptop comes with one of the worst keyboard layout. Even after spending many days, I still find it very difficult to use. In the past, I have migrated between different keyboard layouts, and none were this hard to use.
There are many thing wrong with this layout.
- Left shifted touch pad. (I don’t think, centred touch pads cause more ‘cursor insertion’ errors while typing.)
- Small space bar key.
- Much smaller function keys. These are pretty much useless.
- Small ESC key, that is so essential for editing in Vim.
- Unwanted numeric keyboard. Again, pretty much useless.
- Page Up and Page Down are keys are placed along arrow keys. These constantly interfere with Entry and Shift key
- Smaller Home, End, Insert and Delete keys.
- The order of Home, End, Insert and Delete keys.
- The Home, End, Insert and Delete keys interfere with Backspace key.
Are there any developer friendly laptop out there?